Monday, November 23, 2009

No More Shaves


Last year, in an attempt to solve some personal problems, I decided to grow a beard. I won't get into all the sordid details, but the long and short of it is that everything worked out fine. Of course no plan of action is without its residual side effects. How was I to know that my scraggly winter beard would capture the imagination of John, manager and music buyer for Green Apple's Annex? The next thing I knew he'd recruited the majority of the male staff to grow beards right along with me and, when Christmas Eve wandered around the corner, in celebration of the holiday the beards were trimmed to moustaches and we, uh... looked good for our families...? Well, we had a party anyway.

Now it looks like that time of year is rolling around once more and, not to my complete surprise, the bearded winter festivities are beginning again. A tradition has sprung up perhaps? I don't know. But on Christmas Eve this year, if you really want to see a bunch of cool facial patterns during a last minute shopping spree, you know where to be-

GREEN APPLE BOOKS AND MUSIC
SAN FRANCISCO
CALIFORNIA
USA


*Note:
The title for this post was lifted from David Greenberger's fantastic book No More Shaves, part of his series The Duplex Planet. Just FYI. Fascinating stuff. I promise.


1 comment:

richierich said...

I will always think of my friend Nick Buzanski..
I too have decided to join your fight.. No Shave November has been extended...