Saturday, September 26, 2009

Aloha, nui loa





It's official - i've got just 45 minutes left on the clock and then it's off to the Big Island of Hawaii for two weeks of fun in the sun!


I've narrowed my beach reading list down to three titles which should cover most of the bases, but I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion that might augment this short list? Buzzsaw loved Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, and I've heard nothing but the ravest of reviews for both the 2008 Booker Prize Winner, White Tiger and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Is there anything else out there that would really go well with sunscreen and a Mai Tai?

Certainly, if I hadn't already read Doug Dorst's Alive in Necropolis, it would make the trek. But since I have, I'm really looking forward to a great event happening on the eve of my return from paradise. I'll be working with the SFPL at The Page Bar on Monday Oct. 12th from 6-8PM when we host Mr. Dorst for an evening of themed cocktails, tarot card readings and who knows what else. 21up, please. The Page Bar inspired a bar in the book, so you know it's da ono, brah!

No comments: