Wednesday, May 18, 2011

MISERY LOVES COMEDY

Gosh the nature of man makes me so mad! Like, why is everyone such a dumb mean jerk?! I don't get it at all. Rather than do anything about it though I prefer to read fiction, draw cartoons, sit on the internet and feel guilty. That reminds me, my newest staff pick is on our shelves as of today. It's called Misery Loves Comedy, it's by Ivan Brunetti, and it's a good reminder that one can indeed make some kind of career out of being a disenfranchised coward... so I guess there's some hope.

Misery Loves Comedy is a compendium of Brunetti's early work, including his first three issues of Schizo. At once autobiographical, philosophical, and completely deranged and derelict in the face of most ethical standards. This is Ivan at his nihilistic best. Beware, but also buy it. It's just that it's one of the last wonderful things...


No comments: