- Border's closing at Stonestown?
- our GroupOn and Scoutmob and Google offers?
- our incredibly capable and friendly staff?
- eBooks on our website?
- our new inventory system?
- our section development in LPs, children's, young adult, cooking?
- the new flooring on the mezzanine and in the red delicious room?
- the literature in translation section?
- our new t-shirt designs?
- our new subscription service?
- our website re-design?
- our better use of Facebook?
- the used books we sell at the Beachside and Devil's Teeth?
- our ClemenTime event with the Bold Italic?
- our (more or less) amusing videos?
- more people are understanding the power of shopping locally?
We certainly tried to evolve without losing our heart and soul--a fine selection of quality new and used books in all subject areas. Because no matter what we do, it takes a few hundred people coming in the door and buying books each day to keep Green Apple alive.
So thank you, readers of San Francisco and beyond. Thanks for keeping Green Apple not just around, but vibrant. Like I said in February when the first round of Borders closings were announced, no one should shop at Green Apple out of charity or pity, but because we offer you something you want. You mold the retail landscape with every purchase; vote wisely.
In 2012, we have a few more tricks up our sleeve, including a majorly cool machine. We can't wait to see you in 2012 (starting with free coffee on New Year's Day--open 11am to 7pm).
Until then, thanks, as always, for reading!