Each year, the Northern California Independent Booksellers Association honors the best books written or illustrated by Northern California authors and artists. With input from booksellers representing 200 stores in the region, here are the 2012 awards.
- FICTION: Turn of Mind by Alice LaPlante
- NON-FICTION: A Thousand Lives by Julia Scheeres
- FOOD WRITING: Mourad: New Moroccan by the Richmond District's own Mourad Lahlou
- POETRY: Of Indigo and Saffron by Michael McClure
- REGIONAL: The Left Coast by Philip and Alex Fradkin
- CHILDREN'S PICTURE BOOK: The Astonishing Secret of Awesome Man by Michael Chabon and Jake Parker
- MIDDLE GRADE: One Day and One Amazing Morning on Orange Street by Joanne Rocklin
- TEEN LIT: Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler and Maira Kalman
Click through on any title for more info, and congrats to the local authors and artists who keep producing such good books for Green Apple to sell.