Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Darkness is black as oil and looks like a vampire and is as smelly as an onion


Green Apple Meets the Students of 826 Valencia’s Writing Table



Green Apple recently donated five $50 gift cards to 826 Valencia so they could reward a few of their many promising young writers. Here are excerpts from the work of the winning writers.

Student Name: Natalie Zuñiga
Age: 9
School: El Dorado Elementary


Person of the Darkness


Darkness is black as oil and looks like a vampire and is as smelly as an onion. Also, it is as giant as an elephant. Darkness would change bad things to good things. To change bad things to good things is an easy thing for Darkness. So if Darkness sees someone robbing something from someone, he would call the police right away. So the police would come and take that person and put him in prison. So in the morning when everyone woke up, everything would be fine, perfect and good.


Student Name: Uriel Delgado
Age: 6
School: St. James Elementary


When I’m 80 years old, I’m still going to be strong.


Student Name: Esteban Sanchez
Age: 9
School: Thomas Edison Charter Academy


“Your limo is over there,” he said.
“My limo, yes.” Miss Olia always traveled in a limo. Today she saved a seat for you.
Nate the Great had never been in a limo.
Sludge had never been in a limo.
It was big and shiny.
“We got the front seat!”
Willie got in the front seat.
And we were off.


Student Name: Josh Ramirez
Age: 13
School: Thomas Edison Charter Academy


Windy Weather is Better


I like the weather windy because of the whistling sound it makes and the way it feels on my skin. I also like when it is really windy and the fog bank shows up because of the way the light looks fuzzy. I wear warm clothing when it is windy. I like the wind and the way the sun doesn’t get in my eyes.



Student Name: Jasmine Hernandez
Age: 7
School: Buena Vista Elementary



I think that Darkness would change if he were a clown.

No comments: