Wednesday, May 6, 2009

They called us Golden Survivors...She said yes


. . .and we've got the award to prove it! Thank you SF Bay Guardian for including us in your 2009 Small Business Awards. It's an honor to be so regarded by San Francisco's community at large! Here is the link to the full article (if you haven't grabbed a copy of your own yet), and please enjoy the photo of some of our staff which ran with the piece:

SFBG Small Business Awards Recipients (article)

One of the things that makes Green Apple a 'golden survivor' is the special place we hold in our customers lives. Not only are we community driven in the books we select or the authors we host readings with, but if you think about it, Green Apple is literally built on the used books that our customers sell to us. It's the kind of symbiotic relationship that makes me feel all happy inside, but I've never felt as warm and fuzzy as I did last Saturday when I helped a long-time customer Pop The Question to the love of his life in the philosophy nook of our side room. He told me that Green Apple Books embodies all that they love and respect about each other (creaky floors and all), and that he couldn't think of a better foundation for them to build upon. I agree. And so did she. . . .

She said, "YES!" We say, "Congrats!"


3 comments:

Alex B said...

Big congrats--you guys really deserve this.

Anonymous said...

Yes. I agree with Alex B. Congratulations. I have lived in the neighborhood for quite a long time. And I have been buying and selling books to and from Green Apple for quite a long time. Now I have kids and when we want to have fun they ask me for a trip to Green Apple. Even my 15 year old. Thank you. You make reading fun. Even for people who already love to read. Don't fix those creaky floors!

Rachel said...

Hooray! Green Apple is a great neighbor and I'm glad I live so close to my favorite bookshop. You guys deserve it.