Monday, June 1, 2009

Book Expo America...Green Apple in the Big Apple

B.E.A....
I’m sure you have all noticed that we haven’t posted for almost a week now. Part of the reason is that a few of us were at the Book Expo of America in New York this past week. Well I’m back & so I thought I might tell you a little of what I saw back east…
The first day is always remainder buying day, this involves jumping from hotel to hotel & to showrooms…many of which aren’t always close together. We saw a lot of books & there will be some great remainder deals coming to you in the next month or so (to go along with the already great titles in the store currently) so be sure to check out the tables.

Day 2 was pretty much the same with Kevin Ryan attending meeting & education seminars while I hit the last of the remainder companies. That night Sparks arrived & it was off to the Melville House party (picture to the left is the Manhattan bridge on the Brooklyn side from the steps of the Melville House Bookstore) who publish the very popular Bonsai on our Staff Favorites.
From there on out is was time to see Book Expo in all its glory…row after row of booth after booth of publisher after publisher. It’s a long day with a lot to see, & though it was different than the last couple years it was worth the time.
I just got back yesterday & am very tired so I apologize for there not being too much content here worth reading...

No comments: